Team Sets Sights on Key Races
The Hincapie Racing Team, returning for 2016 as the Holowesko | Citadel Racing Team presented by Hincapie Sportswear, has finalized it’s 12-man roster and set sights on key races.
Mac Brennan, Miguel Bryon, Robin Carpenter, Oscar Clark, Andzs Flaksis, Charlie Hough, Jon Hornbeck, Joe Lewis and Rob Squire return for 2016. New to the team are Andrei Krasilnikau, Travis McCabe and Brendan Rhim.
After a breakout season, Toms Skujiņš follows Hincapie alumni Joey Rosskopf to the WorldTour with Cannondale-Garmin Pro Cycling Team. Ty Magner and Dion Smith move to the Pro Continental ranks with United Healthcare and ONE Pro Cycling.
“I’m proud of Ty, Toms and Dion, and what we achieved together as a team,” said Chief Sports Director Thomas Craven. “Class riders moving to bigger programs has obvious drawbacks for us yet is a mark of success for what we’ve accomplished.”
Even with new faces joining the returning core group, Craven is confident team chemistry will be as strong as ever.
“We have talented guys but this team has never been built around one star rider,” added Craven. “We excel at tough races, work hard for teammates, and celebrate success together. Andrei, Brendan and Travis will fit well with our aggressive style and team-first approach.”
With NRC individual & team designations, a stage win & yellow jersey at AMGEN Tour of California, and USA Cycling’s Team Time Trial National Championship among 2015 palmares, 2016 will yet again bring lofty ambitions. Craven named a few target races with added commentary:
- Tour of San Luis — “We’ll open the year in Argentina, our first time doing this race.”
- Tour of California – “We won’t be underdogs like this year so we’ll have to show everyone why we deserve to be there again.”
- Winston-Salem Cycling Classic — “This is in my hometown and we’re defending champs so it will be big.”
- Tour de Beauce – “One of North America’s toughest races. Looking forward to taking it back.”
- Tour of Utah — “America’s toughest stage race: meet Americas toughest team.”
The Holowesko | Citadel Racing Team will be registered with USA Cycling as a UCI Continental Team. For more information visit http://www.HincapieRacing.com/. Follow at Facebook.com/HincapieRacing, Twitter.com/TeamHincapie, Instagram.com/teamhincapie/.